I Forge Iron

Who is an active young,deserving smith, 14-18 years old?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a peek at a project the 3 of us are working on. It is not finished yet by a long shot and only a few of the welds are cleaned up with nothing sandblasted or painted yet but the boys are hammering out most of the leaves and stems while I clean / finish them up and do the flowers. It is a good beginners project and they are enjoying making it come together.

This gate will be used between the living room and dining room/kitchen of our house to keep the toddlers out of the kitchen while mom is cooking or cleaning.
We are making sure there are no areas open large enough for them to get a body part stuck in and will be making sure no sharp edges are going to cut them if they try to climb over. (and they will I am sure of it) We may end up putting a Plexiglas ''window'' over the kids side of it to help if we don't feel it is safe. Hope to have it finished by the Saltfork conference so we can take it for ''show and tell'' ;)

The gate is setting on top of what will be my coal forge when I get the flue built. You can see a blower in the background that I have gust finished rebuilding, I bought it at the sulfur tractor show for 25$ but it was frozen solid and has taken several weeks to get it working.

8801.attach

8802.attach