I Forge Iron

irnsrgn

irnsrgn

I won't be bashful and will start this thread. And just think I am the first in line and no food is involved. LOL

irsrgn is short for Ironsurgeon, my old CB handle and it fits on a license plate that way too.

I am a 3rd generation blacksmith from extreme Southeast Nebraska. I started my apprenticeship in my father and uncles shop working on wooden wagon wheels 55 years ago in 1951, (told you I was old) when I was 7 years old, I was always big for my age. LOL

I spent some time in the Navy's SeaBees as my dad did and I learned sheetmetal work and layout and wire rope splicing, etc. I came out of school as an SWF (Steel Worker Fabricator), and basically did exactly what I did in civilian life, I repaired heavy equipment and other things.
I have had short stints as a construction electrician, carpenter, plumber and mason among other things. Also worked as a ride forman, electrician on a carnival and rebuilt carnival rides in the winter time.

I was born and raised and have spent most of my life except for navy time in this small town working on Agricultural, Construction and Industrial Machinery.

I am proud to be a Blacksmith, weldor and machinist and always list my occupation as Blacksmith. Being an only child I have an overflowing sense of humor at times, but I am just an OLD country blacksmith at heart.

I enjoy antique handtool woodworking as a hobby and I read a lot, someday I might even get bookshelves built for the thousand or so books I have.

Some say I have a lot of expierience, but all that means is I have made a lot of mistakes in my life.

The slide down the coal chute into blacksmithing is a slick one because of all the coal dust on the chute. I even made it into the 21st century by getting a computer. LOL

I lost my first wife of 36 years in 2004, but since have remarried a nice old grandma and I have 3 girls and she has 2 girls, my only son was killed by lightning in 87 while on a Civil Air Patrol training mission when he was 17. Between us we have 9 grandchildren.