I Forge Iron

Chicken Bust

There's a saying... "secure for sea".  Can you imagine cannonballs rolling all over a pitching deck in high seas in the middle of a battle?  No doubt a lit cannon would break loose just then.  I remember on our ship, in my office, my desks legs were set into pipes welded to the floor to keep it from becoming a projectile.  The mess hall was entertaining in heavey weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott, that reminds me of a humorous Officer Efficiency Report that I saw in the Army once, for the line "Describe this officer's leadership ability" the response was, "The only reason anyone would follow this officer is out of morbid duriosity."

Other responses were along the lines of "This officer only very rarely meets the extremely low standards he sets for himseld."

GNM

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 10:16 AM, Scott NC said:

Not much to crow about, but it's my last sculpture.  I just had to post it and get it out of my system.  On to new and better things....

c1_20221230_02022373.jpeg

c1_20221230_05563045.jpeg

Great use of recycled metal. It is a big focus point for people to remember, guess what it is made from. We watched a group of people do just that recently. Tales of their past triggered by parts they know. It was also the winner on the day for that reason I think. Well done 

Thank you so much.  I agree, being able to pick out specific objects and bits helps people to connect to the overall sculpture.  I must admit, I am sometimes guilty of slipping in a "mystery object" or two just to keep them guessing..... :ph34r:.  

I think tales from the past works both ways.  Looking back at some of my sculptures, I remember where a certain part came from.  A job, a friend, a junk scrounging jaunt..... :).  It's all great fun!