I Forge Iron

Can anyone help me to identify these tools?

jmalle

The tool in the first and fourth pic looks like a "Shrinking" tool used by a tin knocker. It's a bit busy but MIGHT be a crimper. Tin smiths (knockers), silver and gold smiths all used the same basic techniques with slightly different tools and all share processes with blacksmithing with different names. Eg. Shrinking sheet = Upsetting. 

Things like the depth stop on the other one seems familiar but I can't see it clearly enough to even guess.

What did your Grandfather do for a living or hobby? 

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you both for your kind replies.   This is great insight and information!    As requested here are more pictures.  I hope they are what you were looking for.   My grandfather was a boilermaker for the B&O railroad.   

2EBE0597-4451-442E-833F-51B6E8378611.jpeg

2D1936E0-44D5-41BB-A6C2-C26E7D9C0BCE.jpeg

0EB1282D-B688-459A-A37B-F0AA40CD0713.jpeg

20370BE0-9DFF-4BEB-A852-F42924F2E0D2.jpeg

28C930D4-6A08-4D8B-A8D7-D73EC5EBD2EB.jpeg

Definitely not a saw set. Looks like that's a very rusty blade, and the (broken?) brass piece rotates to change something about the cut? I see markings on the brass from the blade and the depth stop. In the third photo of your last comment, the brass piece looks like it might be mounted eccentrically, but that may just be the camera angle. 

Thank you Scott NC and JHCC!    I really appreciate your expert eyes and help!   

And now another question for Frosty, and anyone else who can help......Besides my Dremel tool to clean up the rust, what is 

the best rust remover?   Naval jelly?      I have a box of hand tools to clean up and welcome the advice.

Thanks, J Malle