I Forge Iron

Identifying weight of Fisher Anvil

Aaron Gouge

Hey all,

Hey Fischer and Will has showed up on the local marketplace. Seller claims it’s 200 pounds. Though I am not an expert I would understand it to be 120 pound anvil. I have a Fisher on loan right now. I was told it weighed 150 based on the number stamped on the front right foot when looking at the eagle logo side. Is this correct? If so then the anvil pictured would be a 120lber? 

F08DAF04-0BA1-4874-B85E-805708FCC41E.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Frosty said:

A bathroom scale tells all.

Stamped weights weren't too accurate.

Frosty The Lucky.

This is true. Currently the anvil is secured to an old stump. That makes weighing it a little bit more challenging. Also I was hoping for a anvil that was over 150lb. With this particular one being about an hour from home I don’t want to ask the vendor, who doesn’t seem to know much about anvil‘s, to try and pull it off the stump to weight it. It depends on how much they’re willing to negotiate on price. So was hoping for a little bit more information off the forum before I took up too much of their time. 
   Aaron 

I’ve been messaging his wife. Somehow he missed the one and thought the 20 was for 200lb. Apparently that was some information he found somewhere online. I had her measure it and it comes in about 4 inches shorter in length than my 150lb Fisher that I have on loan.