I Forge Iron

City Park BBQ Forge

Kooky

Anybody else look at these things and immediately think of forge potential?

A few chops here, a few chops there, and it'd be good to go. Does the city ever replace these things and toss them out?

Maybe I will make an anonymous suggestion to have some of them replaced, t hen email the next day wondering if they have any BBQs available and to message me when they do...

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

I dunno how often or if they replace those park grills 

but it’s been most of my experience that municipality’s, schools, street Depts, fire depts, city, county, state and federal governments

all have a specific process to offload everything from office chairs to battleships, because all that stuff is paid for with tax dollars, 

it would probably be much faster an easier to drag something outta the scrap yard 

but if I had a mind to allocate one of those grills I would mosey on down to the street depts shop and inquire, an even if they aren’t over parks they will know who is, an you might be able to talk them outta one or something similar,

Yea true, I went to the scrap yard near me recently. Lots of car scrap. Not a whole lot of usability for now, at least forge wise or tool wise. Metal wise, still learning what to look for. 

Bit of a lottery trade off there, lots of time and gas and still need to get lucky. 

My local scrapyard is bimodal; junked cars available for parting out, then they get filled with random scrap and crushed. The other 3/4 is piles of random scrap and out here the random scrap can be pretty random!  I avoid junkyards that only deal in cars; they tend to be more expensive.

It's a small place;  but I like it.  34.217257, -106.917990  if you want to see the satellite view of it.

Are they still there? We can pick up bunch of them, make long springy legs sticking out the sides and paint them to look like centipedes or Triffids maybe? Then drive them around the desert single file nose to tail weaving side to side artfully to mess with the satellite intelligence officers watching real time satellite images. 

Does THAT sound like a worthy project for the Iforge gang? We might even get to talk to the guys in the black helicopters, find out if they're really silent.

Frosty The Lucky.

I didn't realize Craigslist was "commercial"? I was under the impression it was a nonprofit. 

Anyways, was a park BBQ like first photo in this thread. Listed in Yuba/Sutter, CA Craigslist for $25.

Just to show they do turn up for sale apparently, as I accidentally found it last night just browsing.

Yeah, Craigslist qualifies as a commercial site, I think everybody's made the mistake at least once. Your second sentence is perfect anybody interested can find it with a simple search. 

I guess you can buy them new for not a lot! Holy MOLY there a lot of different styles and makers!

Frosty The Lucky.