I Forge Iron

What's this?

ChrisL

Hi,

I'm forging a cooking tripod and I need to find a way of suspending the fire plate from the legs. I saw these silver things.

Does anyone know whet they are called and where I could get some.

image.thumb.png.ab1db79bf5478f96d7b6d6ffecea3ba9.png

I don’t know what it’s called but you can get oddball cast iron an cast steel fittings from several big steel suppliers,

I think I saw something like that when I was looking for cast steel balls last winter,

I can’t remember the name of the company but it was down in Texas and they had all kinds of odds and ends, I’ll see if I can find the invoice an find the name of the company,

You can wrap the top section of your hanger around the leg 3-4 times and it will do the same thing as the extra piece. Slide it to the desired height and the weight will lock it in place B177551F-05C7-452F-A641-6602EA631521.thumb.jpeg.8789619231ba90b644681b71263c205a.jpeg

On 6/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

I don’t know what it’s called but you can get oddball cast iron an cast steel fittings from several big steel suppliers,

I think I saw something like that when I was looking for cast steel balls last winter,

I can’t remember the name of the company but it was down in Texas and they had all kinds of odds and ends, I’ll see if I can find the invoice an find the name of the company,

Thanks Twistedwillow thats really kind of you.

On 6/27/2022 at 5:12 PM, ThomasPowers said:

If the mount point will be stable in location and you adjust height with the chain; why not forge a loop or drift a hole in the leg? (Or rivet a hook on...)

Thats a good idea I will look into that.