I Forge Iron

Emerald Eyes

Here is a face sculpture I made after returning home from a coelacanth fishing expedition off the coast of Papua New Guinea.  They eyes are rubies found while skin diving among a school of sharks and stinging jelly fish.   The nose came from a horse shoe somebody threw at me once...  The teeth, well... :ph34r:   Thank you for looking.  :)

0726180700a_compress89.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, bushy eyebrows would be good.  I was going to say something about a thumb latch activated tongue after you said that but it's too much.

Grandpa had the proverbial cast iron stomache so I doubt any prion disease would have slowed him down any.

I may look that book up though.  Is it spreading this way?  I eat a lot of food truck "food".

Remember "Mad Cow disease"?  It's a prion disease as is Creutzfeldt Jacob disease, Chronic Wasting Disease in Elk, Deer and Moose, scrapie in sheep, etc

see the CDC page on prion diseases---or the book!   https://www.cdc.gov/prions/index.html   Turns out that feeding animals "protein" from their own breed is a BAD idea and actually a lot of cross species transmission is known to happen----vegetarian animals should be vegetarian!!!

I was always upset when the restaurants would only serve beef "Well Done"; it needs to be over 700 degF to deal with prions so that was just trying to fool folks that it was safe.  I like my beef rare and am willing to take the chance knowingly.

Since moving off the farm and being stuck with tiny raised beds to raise some vegetables in, I have come to the same conclusion as you have with your steak.  I've known a lot of the things you speak of for a long time.

There are forces driving all this stuff.  

Watch "The begining of the end" 1957.  We are all doomed...;)

As to the latch mechanism, the horse shoe could pass through and be pinned into place and the end passing through could push down on a lever system on the other side of the door. 

I like the tongue latch idea tho.  

I like your ideas Aric.  Heres another that would make a good door pull.  I posted it before.  I am thinking of mounting one on the front door of the house.  I might have to tone them down a bit if I wanted to sell them.  Hmmm... door knockers to match?

IMG_20181120_184657_01_compress45.jpg

Haha I like him. Reminds me of Dr. Robotnick from sonic the hedgehog. 

In reality you'd want a tetanus shot if you use that one. 

No need to tone them down. 

They are good as art alone or using as a door pull. 

For sale my foot.  You can have the prototype if it ever becomes a reality...;)   I see traps at the flea market quite often, just never thought of it....:)

I got an old beat up bread toaster for Christmas one year.    When I was young, dad used to include one present each year to be taken apart to see how it worked and put back together.  You never knew what it would be.

Ya know?...  sadly that is one of the things that never fully happened. Still have the trap with the button mounted under the plate. Eh, whats 5-10 years to finish something... lol

Still have another trap where I softened the spring so it is a gentle closing.