I Forge Iron

Hip replacement surgery

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Dragon,

I  (SLAG), and Marg have added her name to our list of thoughts and prayers and intentions.

A Charnly is highly installable, and has been used for at least about fifty years.

Hang in there

Dan. 

Just an update. She spent the night Tuesday in the hospital for observation. Everything was good to go, so they fed her a very good breakfast and lunch Wednesday and kicked her out that afternoon. Home now and doing great using a walker (I had to move some furniture around) to accommodate it. Again, thank everyone for all the support.

I hear hips don't take nearly as long to heal up as knees. Deb only used the walker for a couple weeks and I got to move stuff back where is belonged. Deb and I walked a mile today and she's not too sore. Kicking the rock last Sunday really got her but its clearing up nicely.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Debi is doing really well on her recovery. Going into week three and she is using a cane sometimes, but the Home health PT and Nurse who come three days a week on alternating days, still want her using the walker most of the time, at least till she sees the surgeon this Thursday. Both are amazed at the speed she is recovering. She gets her staples out tomorrow.

We had a curve ball thrown at us this evening. Her mom fell at her assisted living facility and was transported to the hospital. She broke her pelvis and they admitted her. Fortunately Debi's sister was able to handle that mess for us. We won't know anything until tomorrow. But I suspect Ma will have to go to a nursing/rehab home till she is ambulatory. Debi is afraid that they will want to do surgery and at 93 Ma, might not survive the anesthetic, but she is a tough old bird so I'm not sure.