I Forge Iron

Rare Anvil in The Netherlands

We aren't ignoring you Alex, no reply generally means we don't know. Of course this IS a major national holiday weekend here so everybody may be at BBQs and Memorial Day Ceremonies.

I like that anvil, a lot but the only thing I know about it I could put it right to work. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Hi Frosty,

Haha I didn’t mean to let you think I was thinking that I was being ignored. It is just that I got a little bit more information from the owner and I wanted to share.

No rush! Enjoy the BBQs and other activities!

And yes Neil it does! I am going to contact him as well to check if he has some more info about it.

Take care

I think Joey referenced the stepped feet as a certain pattern, might've been Bavarian, it was in one of his recent videos. Besides that, I don't really have a clue about a maker, I think that might've been lost to time. 

~Jobtiel

Hello!

this nice anvil could/should be made by F.W. Krägeloh, the partly visible makers mark points in this direction. Here's the logo in full, hosted by a pretty informative website with a nice accumulation of knowledge: https://museodellincudinedisanmartino.files.wordpress.com/2020/03/img_0297.jpg

This particular design is not the "Bavarian", but so called "Saxon" pattern. The difference is the breast, that does not smoothely transition into the body on one side, but has two clearly cut of edges.

The big "No. 4" is the number of the forge fire, which produced this anvil.

Cheers!

Julian