I Forge Iron

Looking at buying an anvil online, but I noticed something in the pictures, it almost looks like a spot of weld on each corner of the heel, would this be a problem l, I was thinking, if it actually was a weld, I wouldn't know how far it went, the entire edge might be welded. Let me know if I should be wary of it please.409845202_Screenshot_20220518-143559_TradeMe2.jpg.2705f999b5519d3a694d995d82f4e156.jpg

The welds look like someone might have had something else welded to it, or perhaps poor repair or who knows.

I'd have to pass on it without being able to test it myself. UNLESS it was a really good price. I treat things like that as strong bargaining chips on MY side of the deal.

Frosty The Lucky.

I thought the same thing as Frosty about something being added then removed. However what I can see of the edge, it looks like it was also welded on. If that is the case the HAZ will have had an effect on the edge hardness, unless the welder followed this method.

Anvil Restoration