I Forge Iron

New guy on the block

Hey guys/gals,

Live in Lebanon, NH and finally I'm piecing a small shop together. Just got my forge last night and made a connection with a local guy. I'm  wondering where some of you are and how local to me? I'm as green as you can get to blacksmithing and blacksmithing.

Welcome aboard Holeshot, glad to have you. If you go to the Iforge front page and scroll to the bottom there's a section of regional organizations listed. 

No need to click on AVATARS, most of us have or general location in the header under our names. Just like you. ;) 

Frosty The Lucky.

Yes, it does, under your avatar. 

On 4/17/2022 at 8:08 AM, Holeshot86 said:

Live in Lebanon, NH

Oh, if only you'd joined a couple of weeks ago! I was in the area on business and would have been happy to drop by!

We have a number of NH members, and you should definitely get in touch with the New England Blacksmiths (the local ABANA affiliate). A number of IFI members are active in that organization, and they also have a training center in Brentwood. The calendar on their website doesn't seem to be working well (at least not for me), but their Facebook page shows an open forge event on Saturday, April 30. You really cannot go wrong with NEB; great people, and extremely helpful.