I Forge Iron

ABANA Conference Denton Texas May 11-14 cancelled

Just received an email from the president of ABANA informing that the conference has been cancelled. So sad as we were seriously wanting to go. Partial copy of the email.

It is with a great deal of sadness that I write today to announce the cancellation of the ABANA Conference scheduled for the North Texas Fair & Rodeo in Denton Texas May 11-14.

After many months of planning and building a conference that would have put ABANA back to having premier conference events and after a long hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have failed to get enough pre-registrations to indicate that we will, in the end, be able to pay for such an event.

It is sad, I wonder how much fuel prices are effecting pre-registration? I've been hoping Deb and I could make Wool Gathering and Quad State, maybe even this year but driving an RV at more than $4/gal. pretty much kills it on a fixed income.

Frosty The Lucky. 

I was thinking of going. My Daughter is not far from the conference site, plus I haven't been to one since Sloss Furnace in Georgia. I think that was '88. But with gas and covid, I'd decided against it.

Some of the demonstrators got together and put together Crossroads Forging conference May 12-14 in Aubrey Tx, about 12 miles from the original. No entrance fee. You can look it up on Facebook

They have just moved it back to Denton, where the ABANA conference was to be held. Crossroads Forging Conference. Can't post a link but Google will bring up the site for those of us who don't do Facebook. Looks like some great demonstrators will be there, including Mark Ling (littleblacksmith).