I Forge Iron

Chimney wall thickness.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Are you using an smartphone or do you REALLY want to be known as Uncle.Iroh, rather than Uncle.Iron?.

All a metal smoke stack needs do is direct hot air, fumes and smoke out of the shop. It doesn't take plate or even thick sheet steel. 0.6mm. is plenty. The only thing that might make heavier sheet desirable would be mechanical pressures like strong winds.

The stack on my shop extends almost 8' above the roof because the close trees and strange wind currents cause back drafts with shorter. I guyed it in two places and it's stood for about 15 years now without trouble.

Frosty The Lucky.

Ideal would be 1/8" thick platinum, that baby would last forever!  I used spiral seamed duct, 10" diameter 10' long.  Not ideal but it will probably outlast me!  (So much so that I'm thinking of giving my backup piece to a forge buddy who is working on expanding his shop...)  Cost me US$4 at the nearest ReStore when they were prepping for a move.