I Forge Iron

Looking for coal in Ohio, preferably northeast (Cleveland)

I get mine bulk out of Vandalia. He delivers if you buy enough, i am fairly close to him so his minimum for me is a ton. Dont know how much you would need to buy to get him to come to Cleveland though. $215 a ton this past summer. PM me if you wan his contact info. 

If you are willing to drive there is also SOFA (Southern Ohio Forge and Anvil) in Troy that may be able to hook you up.

When I moved to a new location one of the things I did was to scrounge a set of YP from the nearest city so I could find all the stuff it takes years to locate "socially". You are right that  most of the ones being published nowadays are worthless as are the search functions on browsers due to  being overloaded with trash---how many times has it happened lately that when you are looking for a companies own website it's not even on the first page of search results; but tens of places trying to insert themselves in between you and where you want to go are on the first page!

On 11/18/2021 at 11:13 AM, JHCC said:

It's a bit of a drive, but Yoder Blacksmith Supply down in Fredericksburg carries smithing coal in 50 lb sacks. If you can't make it during the week, they're open on Saturday mornings from 7:00 to 11:00.

Copy that.  I actually just called them a minute before reading this.  No answer, but left a message.  I've been there a couple of times over the past couple of years.

No, but thanks for the offer. I'm using gas almost exclusively at the moment, and I've got a decent supply of solid fuel in case I need to do something that won't fit in the forge or that is too big for the torch. Much appreciated, though.