I Forge Iron

Need Help With Info on an Anvil

I inherited an anvil.  I believe it is a Hay Budden.  I know it is stamped Blackjack and is a 100# anvil.  The serial number is 77570.  I have seen several posts here that identified production date and place based on serial numbers, but cannot find a resource to look that up myself.  Does anyone have a source of info, or have that information themselves?  Thank you.  

Welcome aboard twayneb, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll have a better chance of hooking up with members living within visiting distance. If you've read many posts here, you'll maybe remember all the times we've told folks with a similar request that we need pictures.

Anvils In America is mentioned often in the same threads as the current go to book for IDing and learning the history of anvils in general. Fisher anvils have their own living historian with more than one book about Fisher products.

If your local library doesn't have a copy of Anvils In America on it's shelves they can probably ILL (Inter Library Loan, program) a copy for you.

Frosty The Lucky.

AinA lists that serial as made in 1893,

there’s a ton of information in the book, much more then just dates, 

I highly recommend it, you can find it online for sale lots of places,

also with Christmas coming up in a couple months maybe you could run it by Santa clause and see if he could make something happen