I Forge Iron

Ribbon Burner vs tube burner efficiency

Jdub2

I don't want to be like Jack! He had cognitive distortion syndrome. Irrational associations  with primitive eating habits are not my aspirations. Besides, after playing with roses (thank you Frank Mirth), what I want to pull out next is not a plum but maybe a lily ... and another snake! However I still have a sign to finish first. I'm using the time to read up on repousse' techniques.

Don't apologize! It's sort of a cultural term and common misuse. Thomas and a few of us want to get folks to use the same terms for the same things, it really saves time and effort if we don't have to interrogate folks to figure out what they're talking about. 

Heat treat is one that's commonly misused. Another that we see all the time is "smelt", it's a specific term for one type of refining metal from ore. NOT melting metal to cast. 

We're just trying to ease the natural confusion you're going to see when 50,000+ people in 150 or so countries around the planet get together to discuss an old craft. 

Frosty The Lucky.

And in some of those countries the words may be the same for different things or quite different!  Translation programs can't usually split things apart correctly going into and from English.  (Like coal and charcoal both can be "carbón" in Spanish!)

My "mantra" is "When in doubt give more information so folks can figure out what you are trying to say."