I Forge Iron

Help with identifying Anvil

Flashburn

I’m hoping someone can help me identify this Anvil. Any information that might point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. The markings might say something works? then under that maybe Pittsburgh? 135. It measures 21”long x 4”wider 10” tall. I did try to weigh it and it’s pretty close to 135 pounds. 8C96A442-BB6A-4962-943D-A147899F5DE5.thumb.jpeg.f68554f77fdfbfeb31fb3289e23e46ec.jpeg

218F9253-3156-427F-B583-71A8F4DB4FAF.thumb.jpeg.7d285672915578b03febd0add1d24bce.jpeg

EC4AAF6D-FE97-4F4F-895B-8409F2DF8BBB.jpeg

4730BEAD-6BBC-41F3-978D-157C365DEEA2.jpeg

5A8234CE-8AD5-4BC0-98F4-286F77A4A72C.jpeg

Welcome aboard Flashburn, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll have a better chance of hooking up with members living within visiting distance.

The flash on your camera/phone is reflecting directly back into the lens glaring out the details. Try dusting it with a powder, chalk, flour, etc. and wiping the surface off, then light it from the side at a shallow angle. The powder fills the low spots making them more visible. Lighting from a shallow angle reflects glare AWAY from the lens and makes shadows that brings out surface texture like stamped characters.

I'm sure someone who's more of an anvil guru will be along shortly.

Frosty The Lucky.

Aww your no fun Frosty…

I was hoping you was gonna say you had to cross 30 Miles of ruff mountain range to reach your house, 

23 hours ago, Frosty said:

A 30mile radius is about what the "general" in my location

Alaska is one state ive never worked in or got to visit so I like to imagine it’s like an adventure living up there! 

Sorry TW I forgot Okies do everything the hard way. Yes, you CAN cross a mountain range and one is less than 30 miles from here OR about 15 miles the other direction is Cook Inlet with it's 30' tides running 18mph in full flood or ebb. I recommend YOU use floatation tires on your mountain bike. Be sure to tell us how it was.

You can cross the Talkeetna mountains over Hatcher Pass a bit to the north, it's a nice drive but schedule a couple few hours for Independence Mine Park/monument. East of us are the Chugach Mtns. all craggy and snow covered with glaciers visible in the not too far distance. Crossing those requires full climbing gear, light plane or better.

Visible a bit west of the Talkeetna Mtns. is Mt. Denali, 160 miles distant. If you drive to the top of our ridgeline and a bit west you can see Mt. Susitna, AKA Sleeping Lady. 

There are times a regular automobile can't make tracks on a paved road. Heck, there are times a monster 4x4 with giant stump jumping, mud slinging, all terrain tires can't make tracks on a paved road.

Frosty The Lucky.

No, it probably won't be till next year if then. In the attempt to make as little impact as possible originally, they put the road across a permafrost slope that's been sliding since the last ice age. Slides like this one happen every few decades but they built right across it anyway. <sigh> 

Sometimes folk SHOULD listen to the engineers.

Frosty The Lucky.