I Forge Iron

Blacksmith Shop Excavation, what is it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I "lent" a book about the king or prince in the bog which was forensically traced to a specific day and year the "king"/prince? was sacrificed. The food in its stomach was traditional for a sacrifice's last meal and undigested. It's age, health, bindings and the killing wound and more corroborated the legend almost perfectly. I'd cite the book but it's a bit overdo like 25+ years. 

I'm much choosier about lending now but . . . I'm afraid I'll never learn. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 months later...

Too dangerous Billy, especially when a splash of fish oil tells the bears the lunch has arrived. 

A crab pot without a float doesn't leave a trace, not even bones if someone snags the pot and recovers it a couple weeks later. 

Leaving the body along a bear trail is sort of like feeding it to the hogs. 

But nope not how my forbearers did it, I don't think they had A way of disposing of bodies. Trap everybody in the village then burn it? Oh yeah. After looting and pillaging it of course. That was more like advertising though.

Frosty The Lucky.

Around here the best place to dispose of something/someone inconvenient is in a thick stand of sage brush.  It is almost impossible to see anything on the ground there.  I once dropped a deer in a patch of waist high sage brush about 20x20 yards and I didn't find it until I stepped on it after about 40 minutes of searching.  Some years ago a woman disappeared from a bar in Wamsutter, WY (on I-80 about halfway across the state) and there were extensive searches which turned up nothing.  About 5 years later some kids playing in the sage brush across the road from the bar found her skeletal remains, probably about 150 yards from the door to the bar.  Apparently, she had wandered off into the sage brush, passed out, and died of exposure.

So, if you want to hide anything like say, the stolen Wells Fargo gold from the stage coach robbery, the middle of the thick patch of sage brush is the ticket although if you want to recover it later there may be an issue.

GNM

You can't get all the remains out of a wood chipper, even running it while blasting it with a fire hose. They've been used, one case inspired the movie "Fargo." Who would've thought that wild mess was based on a true story?

Frosty The Lucky.