I Forge Iron

Help me identify this tool?

Avadon

Can anyone tell me what this tool is? I have used it so much that it's starting to come apart. I wish I knew the name of it and how I could by several more of them. My mother's grandfather was the first owner and it was passed down to me.

Thanks for the help 

20210302_051045.jpg

20210302_051028.jpg

20210302_051053.jpg

They're a version of "snap ring pliers" A search using those terms hits a bunch at Lowes. I was going to find an image but a search will do you  more good. I did find a number that look very similar.

Beat me by seconds!

Frosty The Lucky.

Interesting because I was almost sure they were not snap ring pliers because when you search snap ring pliers they (the modern versions) look nothing like what I have. Mine look like they can hold wire in parallel to the grips. But sure enough when you search "Vintage Antique Snap Ring Pliers" you get some pics of tools that look similar to mine. I'm guessing these are nearing a hundred years old. I'll definitely re-work them to my needs but I'm definitely going to get a few more. 

I use them as tweezers to hold small lengths of welding wire for Tig work. They're the best thing I've found for it. Little trade secret I'm willing to share ;-)

Cheers and thanks! 

• 1 month later...