I Forge Iron

New to me leg vise

Whiskeysup

Finally found a leg vise for a price that wasn't painfull. I didn't take a before Pic, it was pretty dirty, just a little rust. Screw and screw box in great shape. Made the stand from an oak 4x6. Marked with date and weight? (50 lbs) Thinking it's a Columbian?

20210829_142433.jpg

20210829_142433.jpg

20210829_142417.jpg

Mine has the open ended screwbox as well. I'd have to check on the leg though. I didn't pay much attention to it. Just wire wheeled it coated it with BLO and put it to use. It was in pretty good shape when I got it. Just surface rust and I wasn't worried about getting it back into like new condition. I was just happy to be able to put it to work. 

Pnut

Back when I was more interested in larger vises rather than "pretty" ones and so I have a number of Columbian ones with their "industrial" look.  Now I've been adding some that are both large and pretty as well as some of the smaller ones as when using them sometimes small is perfect for the job and huge is just a pain---and vise versa of course!