I Forge Iron

2021 wildfire season

M.J.Lampert

please pray for safety for the  fire fighters and help for those with lung problems as the air is thick with smoke 

secondly prayers for peace and comfort as people are evacuating leaving behind many possessions that are important to them but the didnt have time or space to take in the path of the fire (I'm afraid my mother will say no to my forge and tools:()]

as of now i am safe i just hope to remain this way 

finally prayers for Lytton BC as 90% if the town was lost and many people displaced prayers that they can get back on there feet soon and begin to rebuild

M.J.Lampert

Or separate with the tools less "hid" so as to distract from the gun safe.  Just make it easy to refind if the place gets burnt over.  Also if it's someplace that won't have a lot of burning stuff pile up on it; it doesn't have to be as deep.  Got a root cellar or tornado shelter?

I've been whispering prayers for some time now. 

How about leaving a mound of dirt a little ways from where you bury your tools and such. Maybe even dig a good deep hole, refill it with a mound so "clever" looters will have a promising place to search. A 15' empty hole should keep them busy for a while. Hmmm?

Frosty The Lucky.

M.J. Lampert,

All the best of good pf luck for you, your folks, and neighbors.

Hopefully the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police),  will be patrolling and looking for looters.

Burying tools and other valuable items is a good idea.

Looters are not going to spend much time digging around, where there are easy pickings elsewhere.

SLAG.

"Canada sees 62 tornadoes a year on average, but British Columbia is the country's least tornado-prone province on average, seeing just 0.6 per year." www.kelownanow.com

So root cellars,  if not bunkers!   Your terrain shots look pretty safe; "hiding stuff" from intruders after you evacuate may be of greater importance!

good news  RAIN:D 

we have had rain on and off for the last few days and a few of the local evacuation alerts have been lifted!!! on the other hand a few of the orders have been extended:unsure:

the fires are now 50 and 55 klicks from us but with the rain and forestry activities (between the 2 fires there are 76 firefighters, 6 helicopters, 39 heavy equipment, Also deployed are three (9) structure protection units.)

M.J.Lampert