I Forge Iron

What is this tool

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you are already working on becoming better. All I can say is read read read. This forum contains So much knowledge. Keep reading, you'll find topics you want to learn and even if they side tracketrack that's more you learned. It's all great. 

If you already do all those things, keep doing them. You aren't there yet. I mean that in a nice way. Keep forging and improving your skills. It isn't a one and done. It is a journey. You mentioned leaving the forum before over getting some backlash over things. That is not the way to move forward. Steel and iron don't care about your feelings. They move like they need to be moved and we as the lucky participants of this forum need moved like we do. It is to refine and shape US as we refine refine and shape metal. Some hang around and share our experiences with others hoping to help others learn. There would be no iforgeiron without that passion. But it is up to the person to learn what they will from what is there. Just like looking at an old iron hook hanging on the wall and figuring out how it was made. None of us have all the answers but we each have our experiences to help guide others on. And here, even old dogs learn new tricks now and then.  But you need to learn from the old dogs to be able to refine what they know to be able to build more on the idea to create a new trick. Just going on your own from scratch only learns what they've forgotten long ago usually for good reason.