I Forge Iron

Anvil ID help

I'm starting to feel back for only remembering to come back over here when I have an anvil I can't identify.  I'll try to do better about that!

But here's one I'm stumped on. I've left the photo with the lettering full sized to help with identification.  Mods can re-size it if that's not ok.  At first I thought it said Blackjack, but now it looks more like Facturass.  I have no idea.  Sadly I don't have any more photos or information, this is from an online auction.  My gut says it's a rebranded Hay Budden with that high waist and the shape of the base of the horn, but I can't find any record of markings that would match up.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.

-Flynn

image.thumb.png.a506d9accedcbee0f91b5f3611844844.png

image.thumb.png.4fed89fda38e50f3cb32bce797864ec9.png

image.thumb.png.1a3328db5d470688a2d9e052db609eec.png

img (2).jfif

Try taking a better pic. Light from an oblique angle and rub some chalk or flour on the side and wipe off gently to make the stampings stand out better.

Better yet, display some patience. It's Father's Day weekend folk might have something else to do.

I can't guess, I can see the letters stamped into it but not clearly enough to read and my interests don't run to age and maker, I'm a condition and quality of the tool kind of guy. 

Frosty The Lucky. 

Hey Frosty, you're right about being patient.  I was mostly kidding, but now realize that had no way to come through.  I was just surprised when I hadn't seen anything before now and commented without thinking.

This one is for sale online and I don't have access to better pics.  I love the history and construction methods of anvils.  

And after some sleep and fresh eyes, I can make out that it says ****FACTUR*NG, which confirms for me that it's a Hay Budden.  Thanks and have a wonderful day with your family!

Oh BABY do I know how funny in my head isn't in anybody else's. I have to bee really careful and still have a mouth the size of my feet. Looking back I was more short than I needed to be in my reply here. 

Happy Father's Day to you too. Give the whole darned family warm Frosty wishes for me please.

Frosty The Lucky.