I Forge Iron

LOCATION?   If you ask about the id of a used car; telling people it's in Russia or the USA will help narrow down the more likely candidates!  Same for anvils.  We see few American brand anvils in Central Europe and vice versa for example.

This is the world wide web and people in over 100 countries participate here on iforgeiron!

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Telling us one time in a post isn't going to stick in anybody's memory once we open another post. If you put your general location in the header it'll be there every time you post. click on your name or AVATAR, edit your profile will appear near the top right, click on it and fill in however much you wish to change and save. It'll appear under your AVATAR on all your posts automatically.

What do you want to make at the anvil? What else do you have in your smithing kit? 

Frosty The Lucky.

Ah, another NE Ohio IFI member! Whereabouts are you?

I don't know the maker, but that's a nice solid looking anvil. Having the hardy hole right by the horn means that it's got a lot of mass under any tooling you use there. 

Tell us more about your smithing: do you have a shop set up, are you just starting out, have you been smithing for years? 

Pretty light for anything but a travel anvil.  If it has good ring and bearing ball test results I'd look for maybe US$3 a pound; I recently sold a 248# Peter Wright, clearly stamped, for US$4 a pound.  You might start at that and see if you get any offers.  (Compare it with decent new anvil costs for example.)