I Forge Iron

Is an N.C. Tool anvil good for a beginner?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks to me like some inexact grinding, but in a spot on the anvil that doesn't usually get much use. I'd leave it alone for now, at least until you've had a chance to use the anvil some more. If it turns out to be a problem, you can always address that later. 

Thanks I just was not sure and was worried doesnt look like crack but definitely a groove, fissure, or grinder gouge and being new didnt want to do anything before was too late. And I agree John I been looking at all different kinds so can use hopefully a good piece a scrap a know what to do. After using your metal one definately look8ng go that route.

1 hour ago, Gandalfgreen said:

didnt want to do anything before was too late.

No NO NO! By ALL MEANS do something BEFORE it's too late! :o 

Just no reason to get ahead of yourself, if it's a problem you'll notice something different and you know where you can ask about it.;)

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, Gandalfgreen said:

Wrong word meant nothing not anything.

You didn't want to do nothing before . . .? :blink:

Aren't there easier ways to say you wanted to do something without using double negatives?

Before you presented me an irresistible temptation of have fun with you I took you to mean you didn't want to chance damaging your anvil without knowing more.

Frosty The Lucky.

I don't remember the next few weeks. The first thing I recall pretty clearly is Abby Deb's service and therapy dog. I remember her chin on my knee and scratching her head. Then people and things started coming into focus. 

I'd have to ask Deb in which hospital or special care facility I was a guest.

Frosty The Lucky.