I Forge Iron

5 lb Zenith Marshall-Wells

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am trying to get info on several axes that I have. The first is an estate sale find; a True Temper 5lb Zenith Marshall-Wells. It's in really good shape after I got it down from the shelf and de-rusted it, I left it unsharpened and put a 3' handle on it.

I'd appreciate any historical feedback on my little find.

P.S. tried downloading too many pics, so only 3 at this time.

You have to reduce files to upload them to Iforge, 300k is a good size but not max. You can't send pics straight off your phone without reducing, the files are WAY too large.

Frosty The Lucky.

I could've been ore clear. File size is how much data is involved in a file. Think of it like weight, if something weighs too much you can't lift it. If a file is too large the forum won't accept it. When I opened your post the pics had a cell phone type file # and a file size from 1.5 mb (Megabytes) up to 2.5 or better mb. A mega byte is million bytes. 

I don't know about your smart phone but on mine it asks if I want to send pics at high resolution, medium or low. Resolution requires file space and we aren't printing professional copies so medium or low resolution (RES) is fine. I usually email pics to my computer where I can add text, and massage pics without having to type with a thumb. 

So, try sending one pic at a lower resolution, start with medium and see if Iforge will accept it. If not try lower. Once you know what the forum's apatite is you're golden. 

Make sense? If not I'm sure there are plenty of guys who know this stuff better than I. You may be using a different make cell phone and nothing I just suggested works. I like using my lap top, it has a nice big screen and keyboard.

Frosty The Lucky.

The photos were extremely large, I resized them in Microsoft Paint and saved them as jpegs (which is a more friendly format for most people). First time is free ;)

Here they are. Welcome aboard GB. 
20210507_082100.jpg.1e9b552bbefdc182a297e821dd80fb35.jpg20210507_141637.jpg.0790ce3d8d03d21a464c734bce4a4e6f.jpg

34 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I could've been ore clear. File size is how much data is involved in a file.

Very informative,  I'll adjust my resolution,  this is educational,  fun and at this point challenging.

29 minutes ago, Frazer said:

The photos were extremely large, I resized them and saved them as jpegs (which is a more friendly format for most people). First time is free ;)

Here they are.

Thankyou much Frazer, I will master this challenging phase of my tech learning and have fun at the same time.

Also wouldn't a forum dedicated to old tools be a better place to ask; rather than one dedicated to blacksmithing?  Lots of old tool collectors sites out on the net; I've run across some of them trying to identify blacksmithing tools I'm using. (I must have looked up Woodings Verona's trademark a dozen times now; just doesn't stick in my head.)

No need to use the quote feature when responding to the post just above. It tends to clutter things up and makes people read the same thing twice in a row. 

I'm not trying to give you a hard time; there is a learning curve to all this. Luckily IFI has a very thorough set of tips and tricks (see the Read This First thread linked above) for those just coming in. I think the information there will help to make things a little less complicated for you.  

On to your question. I don't have much info for you other than I know I have a True Temper wheelbarrow. I bought it at Home Depot and I wouldn't be surprised if I could find a similar axe there as well. It looks like you cleaned it up nicely.

Hi Thomas, ty and your right,  I just got a not so nice lecture by a modulater at this site, thankyou for being tactful. I'm just learning,  my first time trying to connect with others and got chewed out, makes me not want to continue,  once again thankyou for being kind,  GonzoB 

37 minutes ago, Frazer said:

No need to use the quote feature when responding to the post just above. It tends to clutter things up and makes people read the same thing twice in a row. 

Very few of us have made it a long time here without getting chewed out a time or two.  I was once chewed out for a typo and another time for a phrase I had used in church speaking with my Pastor.   Take any suggestions to heart and continue on here; *if* you are interested in blacksmithing.  We may wander around a bit; but we are all dedicated to blacksmithing---"not all who wander are lost!"