I Forge Iron

Beginner blacksmith

My and isn't that as meaningless a first post as I've seen yet. I'll have to invent some sort of appropriate prize.

Hmmm, deee, dmm, dmm, AH! Okay, I award You, "Apprentice blacksmith", the first place "HUH?" The official plaque to be forged by yourself Apprentice Blacksmith, to hold and treasure until such a time as some other new guy presents us with a less meaningful first post! At which time you shall retire it to your trophy case and we shall award First Place HUH? to said new guy. So MOTE it BE! :lol: 

Just funning with you. I'm having one of those days, I am NOT making fun of you, I'm joking with you. Honest. 

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many members live within visiting distance. You'll learn more in an hour with an experienced smith than many hours, even days trying to figure it out on your own.

How about introducing yourself so we can get to know each other.

I didn't intend to kick the thread off in the wrong direction, I was having a "funning" kind of day and was joking with him. I did offer my usual welcome and asked for an intro and asked to get to know each other. 

How can anybody do anything BUT guess at the meaning of his/er first post? It is exactly like walking in the door at a large cocktail party and shouting out, something completely meaningless. A person doesn't do that unless they WANT a response. The first post content offered is an INVITATION to guess and so far they haven't been mean or cruel, one maybe minimally less than lovingly inviting. 

Only someone with no social experience nor skills would expect different. 

My invitation is still open, join the conversation you started so we can get to know each other a little. PM me if you're afraid of how you'll be treated, I won't bite I promise.

I understand you Glenn, you don't want someone driven off but as you point out frequently Iforge is a self moderating party. Words have consequences and Apprentice Blacksmith's post is drawing the kind of response it invited. We aren't going to dog pile him/er, you KNOW that. Sure s/he may not realize that but that is part of the learning curve.

The gang isn't WOKE, we talk to you like you should be sitting at the grown up table UNLESS you SHOW us you shouldn't. 

So, please Apprentice Blacksmith, post again but say something. Please bear in mind we don't speak text abbreviation-lish. Most of us have translation software running so if you write in a recognized language we'll be able to follow along. It just needs to be words in a pattern folks will recognize. Okay?

Frosty The Lucky.

"walking in the door at a large cocktail party and shouting out, something completely meaningless"  Sounds very Dada.  Should I bring a fur lined martini glass to Quad State? (coating an anvil face with nitrogen triiodide is against the rules of the Q-S site.)

41 minutes ago, Latticino said:

Could be any of these I guess: https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/BIU

I'm partial to "Beat It Up"

i like that but also could be 

blow it up 

or s/he lives near 

Bildudalur Airport 

apprentice don't mind Sir frosty some days he's just a great guy the rest of the time he's excellent:D 

M.J.Lampert

Weren't we just talking about crawfish? Boil It Up!

Please say something Apprentice or this will NEVER stop! They're starting to pick on ME! He called me . . .sir! :o Ewww! :wacko:

Frosty The Lucky.

As his first post on the site, he should have been welcomed, and encouraged in a positive manner. 

As that did not happen, the thread is moved to the introduce yourself section and locked.