I Forge Iron

My JABOD

I will have to give that a try and see how it works. I was holding the thing a good 2 feet away pointed towards the pipe and it was still blowing ashes and hot coals everywhere.

On a side note, I now pull the pipe out when I am not out using it. After repeatedly telling my daughter to stay away and not run around it, she when running by and before I could reach out and grab her, clothes lined herself on it.

No one ever said that is the blower has a large output you had to match that size and pipe it directly to the forge.  Use an expandable clothes dryer vent and aim the blower toward the vent opening.  Aim closer for more air and not so close for less air.  You can also split the air stream with a T as suggested and one vent toward the forge, directly or not so directly, and the other vent toward the blacksmith.  A nice breeze on a hot day feels very nice when working at the forge.  

Be sure the blacksmith vent does not blow on the anvil.  Have it blow so you can comfortably take a step back and step into the air stream.  No use wasting good air. (grin)

I was the talk of the neighborhood for bit when I tried messing with it. I was shooting fleas several feet into the air in a shower of sparks. Looked quite cool to watch and everyone was enthralled until my beard nearly caught on fire from one lol.