I Forge Iron

Bantou’s progress album (picture heavy)

Bantou

Teach your youngest blacksmithing, she sounds like a natural. When she gets her license you can send her for steel, bet she gets better prices. 

There's an Ace not far from me, used to be one a little closer but they opened a second one and closed the closer one. They had the same rack of "weldable" steel for about the same kind of price. I picked up some decent deals in their liquidation sale, sadly I already have more than we need so. . . so many good deals had to just stay. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will when she gets a little older. I don’t trust her around hot steel yet. She is four and bounces around like she is made of flubber. 

Knowing my daughter, she will probably walk out without paying a dime. She got her mother’s looks and her father’s charm. She is incredibly fortunate it wasn’t the other way around :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 6:18 PM, Bantou said:

She got her mother’s looks and her father’s charm. She is incredibly fortunate it wasn’t the other way around :lol:

Oh I don't know, there might be a high paying career for a bearded lady blacksmith in todays market. "Whiskerella's Forge" would be unique and memorable name for a smithy. Hmmm?

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 months later...

Made some stuff for the new smithy yesterday. I didn’t realize how much of a perishable skill smithing is. After ~5 month hiatus, I was struggling to do basic things like punch holes and draw consistent tapers. 

I made a few cleats for the tarp ropes and a hammer/tong rack.

55DB462C-288A-404A-B1B1-402B85FFB769.jpeg

20CEFABD-A5B8-45C8-B350-2DBE12C738C4.jpeg