I Forge Iron

Not sure much about anvil... either a trenton or trexton? Age?

I am looking for information on an anvil. It looks very sturdy and someone said it was i good shape. a few markings on it... see photos. My grandson loves forged in fire... but I am not sure if he will ever sling a hammer. Any info will be appreciated.

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

I checked again. the foot of the anvil is recessed into the base. It is such a heavy piece that I cannot even budge to look. Would take 3 men to move... if it ever gets moved, I will be sure to look at that area of the foot. I guess it will remain a mystery. Thanks

The anvil is a Trenton, for a time they used TreXton in the logo. They are very good anvils and I hope you have read about not doing any grinding, milling or welding on the hardened face, which does more harm than good. There are a couple of threads dealing with both names in the anvil section. Reading through them will give you a pretty good idea about yours.

If you put a long bar in the square handling hole, you will be able to rock the anvil up out of the stand enough to see the numbers.