I Forge Iron

Another Newbie from New Zealand

NZFelix

Good Morning and WELCOME,

Nobody will know to look at this posting, to find ChristChurch, if you add it to your Avatar, everyone will see it.

There is lots of history available here, sometimes it is easier to find it through Mr. or Miss Google. Sometimes too much information or opinions, filter it with your eyes and ears open, add a little common Cents for good luck.

I am always dragging up the yesterday Time Zone, don't get too far ahead (LOL).

A lot of typical questions have already been asked, check history first. Most people are OK with reasonable questions, sometimes answered with reasonable answers, sometimes it gets way off the track. Enjoy the Journey.

Neil

No, you are not being picked on.  It is often recommended to put your location in your profile, so that others can see where you are from when you ask for help or advice.  They could be near to you, or point you towards some help near your location.  You have only NZ in your profile but you specifically mentioned ChristChurch in your post.  No one will know (or bother) to look through all your posts to see more specifically where you are located.

As so many blacksmithing questions have a location component to their answers; it helps to have a good location always available.  Example: Where can I buy good coal?  Where I, in central New Mexico USA, buy my coal probably isn't much use to you in Christchurch New Zealand and so we've both wasted our time and effort on that answer.  Another would be where can I take lessons?  Same sort of deal.  It also allows smiths near you to say "Come over Saturday; we've a bit of a Hammer In going on".  Helps those of us whose memories are not the best too; if all I have to do to remind myself of your location is to look under your avatar for your posts.

However this is not mandatory; just expect folks to ask about it every time there is a question with a location component.  We also do not want you to post a specific address on an open forum so the general area will do fine.

And yes it is a pretty common thing to post when someone new shows up.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:57 AM, NZFelix said:

Unsure what you mean about nobody knowing to look for my post or city. 

Guess this is just a copy paste you put out to feel big.

you should watch the attitude before it bites you. In the future try to understand what is being said rather than looking for a fight.  We expect our members to treat each other with respect here

5 hours ago, Steve Sells said:

you should watch the attitude before it bites you. In the future try to understand what is being said rather than looking for a fight.  We expect our members to treat each other with respect here

Guess if your opening sentences were clearer, I would understand you big man

You seem to think other people have to conform to meet your needs. We don't. Your: mistakes, misbehavior and attitude problems are yours nobody else's. We're not interested in dealing with you attitude. So far, 9 posts and all you've done is pick fights you CAN NOT win. 

If you can't control YOURSELF Admin or a Mod will do it for you, briefly and if you force them to 86 you, nobody will remember you in a few days. 

Wouldn't you rather be known as a contributor than not remembered at all? 

NZglenn,

first i wanna say welcome aboard.

i myself was in your shoes not to long ago and remember dont quote what was just said we also just read it, now if its along one and you wanna reference a little piece yes good or if it was on the top / a few pages back yes then its ok but not the one right before.

one piece i found very helpful was this 75% deffinitly applies to everyone the last 25 is good for all but especially for curmudgeons or admin

How to safely ask curmudgeons for advice? - Everything Else - I Forge Iron

also suprised this hasnt come up already  READ THIS FIRST - Blacksmithing, General Discussion - I Forge Iron

M.J.Lampert