I Forge Iron

Hello from Oregon

lary

Been lurking for a while.  Lots of information available on this site. I've mainly been making/forging my own tools, hooks, towel racks,

stuff out railroad spikes and rebar. Had an interest in blacksmithing for a long time. Finally made the decision to get serious about it less than a year

ago.  

In my case I don't lose them but the forge Fairy's borrow or hide them. They usually bring them back when they are through playing with em or I have made another. The forge fairy's can make your day pleasant or miserable depending upon their mood, so I try and keep them happy.:)

Frosty keeping/forgetting snacks in your smithy may lure in the Forge Bears rather than placate the forge Fairies.  Where I am at it would be luring in the forge mice which are then a lure for the forge rattlesnakes.  Having a soft floor really trains you to pick up dropped tools IMMEDIATELY!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a bear in the shop feral cats sometimes but they don't like the snacks. The fairies ate all the local snakes millions of years ago. 

Tools take more imaginative bounces on a concrete floor so picking them up happens when you see them again. 

Frosty The Lucky.