I Forge Iron

DC knives belt grinder spring

Currently I am building a DC knives belt grinder and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a spring that fits the requirements. It has to have an uncompressed height of 2 inches and maybe depress > 1 inch with 15kg 30lb.  On the website it mentions that a screen door chain spring can work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Location is North Wales.

Many thanks,

Bruno Crosbie

Welcome aboard Bruno, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header we won't have to keep asking where you are. Telling us in one post isn't going to stick in anybody's memory once we open another post. 

You're asking a specific question about one of who knows how many home build plans for a belt grinder. It's unlikely anyone will know enough about that particular design to be much help. A quick web search hit on so many images I know less than when I started. 

You can't post a link to a commercial site but you can tell us who and what to look at. That way we can search it out and not advertise them for free.

Frosty The Lucky.

All I'm getting are videos. Where are the plans you're following?  As much as I'd like to help I'm not going to sit through a couple hours of: high speed, shaky video and bad sound tracks to try and figure out what you're asking. Especially when I can't tell which one to look at. When you say it's a DC grinder, do you mean DC is the company name or it uses a DC motor?  

I'm not trying to be a PITA but you need to provide enough information or something specific for us to look at or we can't provide  meaningful help. 

Frosty The Lucky.

It is Dc as in the knife maker D Comeau. It is the first website link that comes up for me anyway. Thank you for trying I really appreciate it. Could I send a link as the owner of the website is not really commercially profiting from it. Perhaps try copy and pasting this “BG-272 DIY 2 x 72" Belt Grinder”?

Bruno

Are you having trouble sourcing a screen door spring to modify?  Over here they are in most reputable hardware stores.  The one on the closest door to me is around 20.8 mm in diameter and 93 mm long.

I used directions from his website for rewiring a KBAC 72D VFD and they worked extremely well.