I Forge Iron

Please help to identify this Anvil Weight 196 kg

Country?   If I asked you about a used car telling you it's in the USA would narrow it down a lot!

However with no markings if may be impossible to specify a maker as there were many anvil manufacturers in the 19th century and many of them made anvils that look very similar so even if it was pretty much identical to a known one it still might not have been made by the same people!

What is the ball bearing test results; that and the ring test is what counts for a using anvil not who made it!

2 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Country?   If I asked you about a used car telling you it's in the USA would narrow it down a lot!

Hi Thomas, Thanks for reply. I'm from Indonesia.

Not tested yet. I just want to buy this Anvil but no marking at all, that's why little bit doubt to take this Anvil.

If the ball bearing test is 70% it's acceptable; 80% Good, 85+% GREAT.  The ring test will check for hidden damage.  Looks like a good one to me, TEST IT!

And an unusual one for that location, more common in  Central Europe; It might have come over with the Dutch I guess.