I Forge Iron

Bernzomatic torch

Trina

I just bought a bernzomatic manual torch ul2317. It will not light. When screwed onto propane bottle and I'm no turned on I don't hear ant propane hi issuing. I looked at the end and there is no small hole for the propane to come out. 

Did you open the adjustment valve before pressing the on/off valve? Did you get the auto igniter or do you have to use a striker?

There is no small hole in the end, the gas is released deeper in the burner assembly and emerges around the edges of the roundish brass thing in the center. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Trina, among my other torches, I have one of the UL2317 torches like yours.  Ij use it for small, pencil flame applications.  You don't have to press the on/off valve, it's a manually lit torch.  You have to open/turn the valve all the way or nearly so to light it.  It has a small volume flame and may be hard to see upon starting...with a striker, lighter or other source.  Make sure you have propane in your bottle as well, give it a shake.

Bernzomatic_UL2317_torch_01.jpg