I Forge Iron

Got a challenge/question

Chad J.

Ok, this is going to be a bit of a setup here so bear with me.   Last month my boss up and quit and the company owner's kid came in to run the farm until we find a replacement.   This isn't a little company,  we have a several million chickens between several farms producing eggs.  The kid mentioned to me that he's looking to get a show piece dagger or knife made from mokume.  I still haven't gotten my first forge weld.  I'm nowhere near being able to pull this off.  Anyone here feel like taking up that challenge?  I can give him your email and you do that voodoo that you do so well.

If he has that kind of money, and what he really wants is a pattern welded steel dagger, why not go straight to the source.  JPH, a member here, has stuff already made on his website that will knock your socks off (for very fair prices).I could make him something, but JPH wrote the books...https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/67535-front-yard-fancy-schmancy/.  I don't know why anyone would want a mokume dagger, but I bet he could make one of those also.  Might not be quite as functional.