I Forge Iron

Cable splicing vises

TWISTEDWILLOW

Thomas,

I believe that!

Scrap yards I’ve seen are notoriously good at making unwanted materials disappear like gas, oil, antifreeze, an air conditioner fluids,

to evade unwanted attention from the epa, I can’t imagine what curious ways they would have to dispose of a thief!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked about theft once and was told, disposing of trunk bodies in the crusher tends to leak. However the 3rd or 4th trunk into the shredder feeding the crusher spreads the juices so they don't show. 

Made me wonder just what's in my car's body or that new cast iron frying pan.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 8/4/2022 at 8:45 PM, Frosty said:

Made me wonder just what's in my car's body or that new cast iron frying pan.

Maybe that's why your car is always breaking down or your frying pan burns no matter what.  

Water levels are dropping in lake mead....  

It's been years since we owned a vehicle that breaks down. It's cheaper to buy new than repair one, I sold my beloved Eagle Talon because an intake manifold cost almost as much to replace as the blue book said it was worth. Repaired it and sold it while it was still running well. <sigh>

Burning frying pans!:o What the HECK are you seasoning them with?:blink:

Frosty The Lucky.

No Billy, not everybody lives on Peavine, time, I can afford to do it on the stove. INDOORS! We can cook indoors without burning the place down.

I just realized I forgot to answer one of your snail mail questions. We burn 7-10 cord of wood depending on the weather.  I need to order this season's, they couldn't deliver in the spring when the mud was out of the ground, their construction Co. was Covid short handed.

Frosty The Lucky.

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

No Billy, not everybody lives on Peavine, time

Yalls loss my gain!B) 

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

I forgot to answer one of your snail mail

Ain’t Y’all got stamps in the Klondike?  :huh:

That’s a lot of firewood!
I burn around 15-20 ricks of oak an hickory here every year,

usually start a fire on a cool evening in the middle of October and then stop burning in March when the typhoon season starts an I have to take a boat to get to the wood pile, 

Scott,

Ash bought these stonewear pots and pans last year that nothing sticks to!
You can cook whatever you want in those things an just wipe em off with a paper towel an then quick wash em in some soapy water!

I don't live in Canada Billy but we have the same kinds of stamps anybody can get in any post office in the USofA. :rolleyes: 

We'd get by on less if we had oak, maple, hickory, etc. but we have birch and spruce so we burn more. If we compared dry weight it'd probably come out pretty close to the same. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I didn’t think about that but it makes sense, with hardwood bein heavier,

Cause I think a Rick of wood is roughly only around a third of a cord,

well I’m glad y’all got stamps readily available in Alaska!

I was starting to wonder if you had to take bear pelts to a tradin post somewhere to purchase stamps an then wait for a sled dog team to import your stamps!

Of course that’s about as fast as the USPS has been delivering letters I’ve mailed to people so far lol

• 1 year later...

Welcome from the Ozark Mountains.

Where might anywhere be?

Did you read the whole thread, TW had several offers to buy that vise back in 2022. TWISTEDWILLOW has been pretty busy and doesn't sign in very often so it might get his attention to send him a PM.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sail’s.
Semper Paratus