I Forge Iron

Repairing the face of an anvil.

17 hours ago, Frazer said:

ou prefer to go the bought new route. I got a Fiskars 3 pound (11" handle) hammer a while ago that I liked while I was using it. I prefer wood over fiberglass/composite handles, but I didn't mind this one.

I was looking at those hammers. Unfortunately they only stock the four pound version around my location. Fiskars calls them a demolition club iirc which I find amusing for some reason. I'd like to give the three pounder a shot. 

Pnut

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is kind of a club with the short handle and Fiskars considers the straight peen to be a demolition face, so I guess demolition club would make sense! I actually picked one up when I saw Jennifer gave one a try and liked it. It was my go to hammer for a while, but it has since been overshadowed by my 3# rounding hammer. Now it's usually the one I give to people visiting the shop for the day since it's supposed to be easier on the arm/hand.

I stopped bringing rounding hammers when I teach as students couldn't keep track of the flat end when using them.  A pit as I have a nice range or weights in them.  Perhaps I'll put my tool color on the handle along the top where the flat face is down...

Pnut did you ask if they would order one for you?  

8 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Pnut did you ask if they would order one for you?  

Yes, they said I could order it myself. I'm just not a fan of using credit cards online. I need to replace the pre paid card I used specifically for online purchases. I got a notification a while back for a charge I didn't make so I cancelled it and haven't replaced it yet. I much prefer using money orders but that's nearly unheard of these days. 

Pnut

33 minutes ago, pnut said:

prefer using money orders

With the way the USPS is now a days, I stopped mailing just about everything. I just received a letter from the IRS dated Feb 5th letting me know our second Covid relief payment was on the way and what to do if I haven't received it. We received it Jan 3rd. I mailed in our BOA dues in late December and the check still hasn't cleared the bank?????.

11 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Can you buy gift cards for that store? I'm not positive but you might be able to buy a gift card for the amount you need to use for an online purchase.

I tried using a gift card for some shoes online and they still wanted a credit/debit card with the cardholders name on it. I don't know about Walmart though. I'll find out next time I go there.  I can't believe I didn't think of that already. Haha. 

Pnut