I Forge Iron

Wilkinson Queen's Dudley Anvil

joecarter

You selling it in Mexico or South Africa?  Price depends a LOT on location. (This is the World Wide Web!)  Anvils are cheaper in the UK than in Australia for instance; shoot just here in the USA anvils can differ by several hundred dollars depending on where it's located.

I have a Ford car, I'm not going to tell you if it's been totaled in a wreck, has 250000 miles on it or is a mint condition shelby cobra with 200 miles.  What is my car worth?  Without details that question's answer is between US$200 to over a million dollars!

Posting pictures of the face and side can help a lot!   Somethings to watch out for: painting it or grinding or milling on the face generally make the price DROP substantially! Also someone welding up the edges because if it's not done right it means they will break worst than they were originally.

We won't remember your location once leaving this post, hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show it. To add pictures you can drag the files to the paper clip at the bottom of the edit window and tell it to copy. Along with visible condition there is what is called a ring & rebound test. That will show if the hardened face of the anvil is becoming detached from the weld to the body, as in it has been through a fire or has been welded on and the HAZ is wide spread.

I have seen anvils where the hardened face was completely missing or the face had been milled down so thin to make it look good but useless as a tool that the worth would only be scrap value, around here 20 cents a pound.  Other anvils depending on use/abuse may go for US $2.00 up to $4.00 a pound.

Now for local prices I would ask local smiths; have you contacted anybody at the Philip Simmons Artist Blacksmith Guild,

https://www.philipsimmonsartistblacksmithguild.com/

The South Carolina ABANA affiliate?  (Or you may be closer to a group in a neighboring state; folks are generally not fussy about what state you are living vs where you attend meetings...)