I Forge Iron

How to: edit your profile location to add a space between the label and what you wrote

Curse The Sky

I noticed that this forum puts your location right up against the "Location" label. I'll pick on Frosty here just to show an example:
image.png.53d1989e8ab68395b295afdeaec542ef.png

Note that mine has a space. What kind of sorcery is this?!

image.png.774199baa56b5bf2f759fd5c8cd9baf1.png

I'm sure others have tried putting a space at the beginning of the location field, only to have it stripped out automatically. That's pretty standard with web programming.

So how can we achieve this vastly superior, padded look? Well, for the one-time fee of $29.95, plus S+H, or the equivalent in wrought iron, I can guide...

...ok, ok. You need to use a non-breaking space. This is essentially a special character that denotes a space MUST be represented, not stripped out like standard spaces.

To do this, you simply use a special code in front of your location:

Copy and insert those six characters at the beginning of your location in your profile, and you too can fight forest fires look slightly more stylish. If you go back in and edit your location later, you won't see the code anymore, as it has been automatically converted to an actual non-breaking space character.

Wow, I was going to offer help but you've lost me.  I've tried adding a space but to no avail. Maybe it's the number of characters in my location? Maybe I'm listening to the wrong voices? 

Okay, I can cut and paste. Even code.:o  Hmm, de Hmm, Hmm, tappety tap tap, click. 

Ayup it seems to have worked. 

Cool, thank you,  now go pick on someone else. :P

Frosty The Lucky.