Jump to content
I Forge Iron

What is this?

Recommended Posts

I'd guess it is an edge scribe. Probably for woodworking.

The pointed end looks to be bent and twisted up... I would guess that the flat piece that has a point to it was the adjustable end used to scribe, and the pointed end would have been the hook that goes over the edge... before it was... um... modified.

It doesn't look to have a very wide range, I'd guess to measure and scribe along the thickness of a board for joinery work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...