I Forge Iron

Happy Thanksgiving!

anvil

You've got me on that weather event, I've heard of it but never been in one.

This afternoon Deb and I experienced a weather event I've never even heard of and I don't think anybody else has either. It was about 2:05pm and it started snowing hard, it was predicted around 50% I think but yeah sure. I'd just come back in from getting the plow prepped to hang on the truck. About  2:25 or so I look out the window and the sun is starting to peak out. Deb walks down the stairs a little later and shows me her Iphone weather check, this is it. See Below. :o

She checked when it started and darned if it stopped snowing in about 19 minutes! Have any of you heard of the weather guessers predicting the length of any weather event to the minute? I could HOPE weather forecasting gets this good all the time!

Frosty The Lucky.

886688050_snowforcast.PNG.3a938dd4b7d1857c13b2e3f13a09aef0.PNG

Whoa, I've never even seen a timeframe closer than hourly. Heres hoping that they stay that accurate.

Our "local" weather reporters are 100 miles away and 3000' lower in elevation. Their temperature for us is never right and we can get the weather +/-4 hours from their forecast for our area, but they are dead on with the snow levels when it does snow which is mostly what I care about. We live on a snow line, so our barn can get barely a dusting of snow where the house will get near a foot deep. 3 miles up the hill there will be 3-5 feet. Its so reliable that the county parks their snow removal equipment in front of the barn when they know snows a commin'