Sandblasting after hardening, blackwashing

Chimaera

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of keeping hanging:

On 11/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, Jealdi said:

Looks like it should be here in another 2-3 days.

How'd they turn out?

45 minutes ago, Frazer said:

Forgot to harden it??? :o That's a KSO. Perhaps a butter knife.. Easy to sharpen though I suppose..

To each their own.. What kind of scrap?

It was supposed to be a knife at one point, but then something went wrong, so I cut it off the rebar and just had it sitting around. And so I thought "rather than taking a real knife and having it get screwed up, I can use this". And no, it's not even a KSO. You wouldn't be able to tell it's knife shaped. It's like a BSO- Bar Shaped Object. Almost a bar, but just screwed up enough to not be one.

I was saying that I forgot to harden it, so it could be different for bead blasting hardened steel, but I think bead blasting hardened steel would turn out alright.

I still have one or two I have not tried yet. But so far so good. The black dragon pearls are a pretty weak tea, so was a little disappointed in those as they were more expensive than the others. I agree the Cream Earl Grey needs milk or cream. I actually really like the Irish Breakfast with or without dairy, it has become my morning tea most mornings.

2 hours ago, Jealdi said:

he black dragon pearls are a pretty weak tea

Sorry to hear that. I'm glad the Irish breakfast suits your tastes. The CEG is a difficult one. With some dairy it gets such a smooth, rich flavor, but otherwise... not the greatest. And if oversteeped... :wacko:

I'm not sure if I got that one or not on my tour... I know I got some kind of pearls, but I can't seem to find them... I like dairy in all my tea, but that CEG really needs it. I mean, generally it just makes it a bit smoother and nicer for me, but with the CEG a little cream makes the difference between mud and one of my favorite teas.

Haha so it's a modern art take on a NSKSO (not-so-KSO). I think there may be a market for such things! I

Because it's the internet, and things are often lost in translation to text, I don't mean to be critical or anything, so take my bad jokes as such.

As far as teas go, I used to drink a lot of genmaicha. I don't really drink a lot of tea nowadays, mostly coffee, but I do remember that was some good stuff.

bso, bso... I'm stumped. Blade shaped object? Nah... Balisong shaped object?? nope. Balatroon???

Boston symphony orchestra?? They made the Boston Symphony Orchestra on an anvil??

Blacksmith shaped object! 3rd grade self portraits!

Please help... my brain is melting...