I Forge Iron

Help identifying anvil?

I agree with arkie. Where in the world did you find such a pristine 119 pound M&H Mousehole anvil? Just wait till JHCC has a look at it.:)

BTW:  the slight sway is a plus in my book, better than a dead flat anvil. I hope you have read about not doing any grinding, milling or welding to the hardened face. That's a good looking stand too.

Welcome aboard Archie, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll have a chance to hook up with members living within visiting distance. SWEET SCORE on the anvil! She's seen work no doubt but don't see sign of abuse.

She's a fine old lady, you're grandkids will be able to pass to their kids and tell their grandkids about granddad the blacksmith. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Ashtu, as a proud new owner of a Mousehole anvil you might be interested in the history of those anvils.  I strongly suggest you obtain by purchase or ILL, the book Mousehole Forge, by Richard Postman (author of Anvils in America, BTW).  It's great reading about the history of the Mousehole Forge in England.  I'm not a history buff, but I've read my copy several times, finding new interesting information each time.