I Forge Iron

Does any kind soul know what this tool is? Thanks if not...

JPB

My Dr said normally every 10 years; when I told him I was a blacksmith he put me on a 5 year cycle. I think he thought I meant Farrier; but since I play with a lot of farm scrap I wasn't going to argue.  I mentioned it as it's generally one of the ones that gives me the most side effects and a sore arm!

T.P.,

The worst vaccination that I have ever experienced is a typhoid injection and its aftermath.

The good story is that the majority of folks,  in the developed world,  do not need it.

Vaccination experience is very much a personal thing. Those shots do not cause pain for many people but others suffer considerably.

One of the worst is the old obsolete 10 - 15 rabies series.

But the newer treatments, (post 1967) are safe, effective, and not cause the horrendous experience of the years before.

SLAG.

Idiosyncratic to be sure; I don't remember my Typhoid injection to be a problem. Luckily I didn't visit Irian Jaya, there were something like 3 pages of recommended vaccines to travel there when I was prepping for my trip to Indonesia. (Including Rabies and Polio IIRC)...

T. P.,

Typhoid shots put my ex into bed, on her back,  for about three  days.

She was not a solitary outlier on the statistic side of things. That vaccine was notorious for strong reactions.

You were lucky.

My latest wife (# 2), had a nasty reaction for her first "Shingrix' shot (against shingles). the second one had only a mild outcome.

Such vaccine responses are very personal.

I had little adverse reaction to any of those three.

Regards,

SLAG.