I Forge Iron

Self feeding post drill problems.

Then there is your problem..  the all thread should not rotate. The wheel should rotate and the screw goes up and down.

First make sure the wheel and all thread are not frozen. It looks pretty dirty where the pass thru is. It doesn't look rusted. Clean it out then check if you can hold the top of the all thread. Try to keep it from turning whilst you turn the wheel.

Hello,

My post drill did a similar thing when I received it. The pin that goes through the spindle on mine had bent and was not longer ridding in the slot behind the spindle without that pin to act as a stop everything would turn, but it would just free wheel. I would check to see if there is a slot behind the spindle, and make sure the pin going through the spindle is engaging it. It allows the threaded collar purchase so that the turning force of the wheel drives the spindle down. If the pin is broken or bent like it was on mine, everything turns but without the collar stop pin the male and female thread just spin together. 

Hope this helps, and that my explanation makes sense,

W