I Forge Iron

I think I'd make the twisted section a little longer than your hand but that's about the only suggestion I can think of. 

There are lots of twists out there. The thing to remember about some of them like the Pineappple twist is to break the sharp points, they're uncomfortable in the soft lady's hands.

Ditto Das, if it were a forge fire tool we'd call it a "fire rake" but I like calling it a "pocker." Sure it's a minor translation program glitch but as a new name for a new fire tool it's perfect.

Frosty The Lucky.

Nothing wrong with the name. :)

My favorite fire tool is a large, long handled spoon I forged. Don't hear of forge spoons too often, so a fire pocker is perfectly fine. Especially a nicely forged one as Davor made. 

We have a retired couple at our church that split their time between Cornwall in the UK and Socorro in the USA; they have such an implement that they use for their wood stoves in both locations and have been transferring it back and forth.  Finally they figured out that I could make another one for them as they were having trouble finding one that matched the one they like.

Not as pretty as yours; maybe I should send them your picture and see if they would like to "upgrade"...

Thank you for all the kind words. Only thing that would make look better would be if tapered all the way from the handle. But working only by hand that would be alot of hammering. :unsure: