I Forge Iron

Daswulf is in the hospital

JHCC

Dear All,

IFI member Daswulf has been admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery for acute appendicitis. Please keep him, Elizabeth, and their daughters Ayana and Adelyn in your prayers.

I will update as I am able.

Thanks,
JHCC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much everyone! 

This all came on suddenly. Woke around 5:00 am with stomach pains.thought it was gas or something, went to the bathroom and figured it would pass. 

Rolled around with that stomach pain till I had to get up and ready for work around 7:30. This is when it started getting worse faster, the pain grew to a bigger area and began to really hurt at my appendix area. As I drove to work the flush feeling and nausea started worsening. 

Talked to my buddy at work who had an appendix out and he said it sounded like it could be that. Finally at 9:00 I called my dr., they got me in 45minutes later and after some stuff, sent me to the er at the hospital and got he ball rolling. I'll leave out the misery of the drive from dr. To er.

After bloodwork and ct scans confirmed acute appendicitis and also swollen spleen (which the figured is from the appendix. Anyway after what seemed like forever I got the  surgery and all went well. Luckily he was able to do the laparoscopic surgery rather than the full cut. 

The pain meds take the edge off. Anyway, I'm in recovery and sleeping off and on. 

Supposedly I'll be at least a couple weeks healing. Without heavy lifting ugh!

Really appreciate all the prayers and thoughts. 

Wonderful!  Ain't modern medicine and drugs great? Don't try to come back too quickly.  Your body has suffered a deep insult and needs time to heal.  Give it that time and more.  It will pay off in the end.  You will get back to 100% quicker if you give your body enough time.  You don't want re-injure something and to be at 75% for months.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand." 

Thank you Das for keeping us informed.    Use the doctors definition for heavy, not yours.  (grin) 

May I be so bold as to suggest taking the time off to play with the kids, and catch up on your reading. 

Go slow for a while,  and listen to your body.  It knows what is best.

Yeah George, modern medicine is wonderful and still improvements to make. 

I Want to rush it but I wont. I do understand healing takes time to get back to good. 

Lol, Glenn yeah, Their definition. Better when they give me a poundage limit. That's for later tho. Right now it's a challenge to scoot in bed, reach, and especially getting up to go to the bathroom. Amazing how hard it is to move with pain in your stomach area. 

Yeah John, I hadn't even planned yet another surgery I need, then out of nowhere with this. 

Ironic enough we were supposed to go camping in the mountains this weekend for a break from all the stuff going on.  So much for that. 

Yeah, I can imagine the worseness. 

I plan on taking it easy. 

Good. Not easy for a hard worker to slow down sometimes, but I'm glad you're able to. 

Praying for strength for Elizabeth as well! Taking care of either a post-op blacksmith OR a pair of rambunctious little girls is plenty in itself; doing both ain't gonna be easy. I hope she has her own support network that can help with at least some of the load!

No worries john, luckily her mom and moms husband were visiting anyway, since my parents are in Illinois helping my oldest brother out durring this covid, school craziness. 

So she has help and support. 

Thomas, she prefers doing the dishes. Doesn't like my style of filling up the sink then doing them all at once lol. 

Thanks Robert! Tell Sheila thank you for me as well. You are all in my thoughts and prayers as well. Hope the healing is going ok for you two and family. 

Truely been a trying year. 

On top of all this Elizabeth was diagnosed with postpartum issues and anxiety and is starting a medication journey. So I'll be giving all the mental support I can to her. The little ones are doing great. Gooby is happy that daddy is home. 

Thanks again for all the thoughts and players. I truely believe it helps. 

Late to the party, but glad to hear you are doing well, Das. Prayers for a quick recovery. I took my wife to the ER a few years back experiencing similar symptoms as yours. Doc had to remove a bad gall bladder as well as a  ready to pop appendix. Thanks for modern meds, she just had 3 incisions. Take it easy.

Steve