• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never got excited about the idea of making one of these, but I finally recognized the value in practicing something simple to develop technique.  Ok... So I finally tried making a leaf last night.... it is not very realistic, but it was actually pretty fun. :rolleyes:

keyfob1.jpg

keyfob2.jpg

keyfob3.jpg

A friend asked me to make him a flint striker ( fire steel?) yesterday. This was my first attempt. Made from an old file. Still testing out my stake anvil and really liking it. Don't have a piece of flint to try it out so he will test it and let me know how it works. 

Then since I had the old junk files out decided to try forging out a knife from a file on the anvil. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my last forgeing. I made a few copper bangles and earrings since they are always popular. I came up with the final design to the fish bottle opener. It's simple to make and it looks good. Made a guitar bottle opener. It is based off of Lyle Wynn's design. They look great, but there's really no easy way to make them. Finally, I stocked up on my rebar bottle openers in a variety of finishes.

SAM_4300.JPG

SAM_4309.JPG

SAM_4320.JPG

SAM_4338.JPG

34 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

The fish turned out great Bounty. The guitar as well. 

Thanks man. I could never decide how to do the dorsal fin and I was making it too complicated. Sometimes simple is better. I wish the guitar was easier to make...I have a couple ideas, so maybe I'll give it another go soon.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherViking said:

Nicely done. They are good fun, and fairly quick to do... nice to have on hand as a little sample or gift.

Thank you. it was fun. I made it for my Doc, but my wife saw it and now she wants it... lol.

Guess I better get busy and practice some more...

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherViking said:

If you want a challenge, try a bc rich beast. 

Just googled it.....yeah no thanks lol.

11 minutes ago, Stitch said:

Started a new trivet for the wife yesterday. I will be riveting it together.

I like the design a lot. It's simple and elegant at the same time.

39 minutes ago, Ranchmanben said:

Finally got another round of hammer making in. There’s are hammers number 3&4. I’m really happy with how the cross pein is turning out. I’m not near as happy with the rounding hammer, way unbalanced. Ah well, live and learn. 

you could always just take an angle grinder to the un even face, and cut off the extra, That's what I would do. I like the cross pein! will be making one this weekend most likely, but not that style. As you know, If you'r ever over my way, Id be glad to make some hammers with you!

Littleblacksmith 

11 hours ago, Ranchmanben said:

Finally got another round of hammer making in. There’s are hammers number 3&4. I’m really happy with how the cross pein is turning out. I’m not near as happy with the rounding hammer, way unbalanced. Ah well, live and learn. 

I like your cross peen a lot. I haven't made one yet, but I want to sometime. 

By the way, I went to Clarendon College from 2007-2008...small world.

Das: Where did you get your brass brush? I can't find any locally and have a feeling it's more of an online thing. If you ordered it online can you tell me the website? I like that brass finish a lot and want to try it out so bad.

12 hours ago, littleblacksmith said:

you could always just take an angle grinder to the un even face, and cut off the extra, That's what I would do. I like the cross pein! will be making one this weekend most likely, but not that style. As you know, If you'r ever over my way, Id be glad to make some hammers with you!

Littleblacksmith 

One of these days I’ll find an excuse to make my way south. 

1 hour ago, BOUNTY FORGE said:

I like your cross peen a lot. I haven't made one yet, but I want to sometime. 

By the way, I went to Clarendon College from 2007-2008...small world.

Thank you sir! It amazing how many people I run into that went to Clarendon College.